Hi David here.
This week we are reflecting on time and timelessness. The bible tells us that God has set eternity in our hearts. Eternity is past, present and the future. It has already begun and we are living it.
We live in the present out of what we learnt in the past. This is why God wants to heal our past and redeem it. We desperately need to interpret our past experiences from God’s point of view. When we see the past from God’s point of view we can learn to live in the present as children of God.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever – Hebrews 13:18
Some questions for you to ponder:
1. What does it mean for you to be wholly present?
2. If eternity is in our hearts (Ecc 3:11) why does it feel that time is passing us by?
3. If we can’t live in the past, or worry about the future, what do we do now?
4. What is Gods perspective about us right now, right here? What would he say?
5. How will this change you? What will be different?
As you think on this ask Jesus to create space and time for you to be present with him, now and here.
May you this week, take the time you need, to be present, and ask Jesus to speak to you about what it means to have eternity on your heart. May you remember what is means to 100% here right now.